Issue resolution and escalation procedures
At JLL we pride ourselves on our professionalism, standards and values and we are committed to providing a superior level of customer service. In the event that a client has a concern or complaint, we have an established procedure that includes provision of multiple contact points and opportunity for escalation if a matter is not addressed to the satisfaction of the complainant.
All complaints are dealt with promptly, discreetly and professionally to the satisfaction of our clients. If, after working through any concern or complaint you have had with JLL, there still remains a concern that you believe is unresolved, you may access the applicable industry complaints process and are not precluded from doing so as a result of using JLL’s internal complaints procedure. Our policy ensures that adequate follow-up and record-keeping mechanisms are in place.
1. Issue resolution channels
Complaints can be emailed to email@example.com or sent by post to Todd Donald Lauchlan (Managing Director New Zealand), PO Box 165, Shortland Street, Auckland 1140.
2. Initial steps in handling your complaint
When you formally make a complaint in writing to the Firm, the Director who is responsible for your business will initially deal with the complaint.
The Director should acknowledge the complaint in writing, and confirm that your complaint is being handled under the Firm’s Complaint Resolution Procedure.
3. Investigating the background to your complaint
The Director who receives your complaint should undertake to investigate and provide a full response to your complaint, usually within 15 working days of it having been raised.
4. Responding to your complaint
The Director’s response to your complaint, whether upholding or rejecting the complaint, should provide a reasoned response to the issues you have raised.
Please note: If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of their investigation you may raise your complaint with the relevant NZ Authority:
- The Real Estate Agents Authority
PO Box 25 371, Wellington 6140
0800 367 732
- Valuation Registration Board of New Zealand
- For all valuations undertaken in accordance with the RICS Valuation – Global Standards 2020 (The “Red Book”), if we are unable to agree on how to resolve your complaint then you have the opportunity to take your complaint to an independent redress provider, as approved by RICS Regulatory Board. We have chosen to use the following redress providers:
RICS Dispute Resolution Service (RICS DRS)
Level 1, Stanbeth House, 28 Customs Street East, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Tel: 0800 651 562